SHEQ INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (IMS)
What is a SHEQ Integrated Management System (IMS)?
SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) simply refers to the integration of ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and ISO 9001 – the 3 basic management systems.
The standard is based on quality management principles, such as strong customer focus, motivation and participation of top management, and process improvement techniques. The program aims to help businesses deliver high-quality products and services to their customers.
There are different types of management systems:
- Health and Safety Management System
- Quality Management System
- Environmental Management System
- Food Safety Management System
As you can imagine, managing these systems separately would take a huge amount of time and effort.
Integrated management systems enable organisations to meet compliance challenges more efficiently and effectively by consolidating all their information into one bundle. Spending more time on the things that matter.
Benefits of an Integrated Management System
The main advantage of having an integrated management system is that the organisation will be able to recognize both the strong and weak areas of the business. Moreover, when executed correctly into an organisations’ strategy, it allows representatives of top management to ensure efficient and safe work procedures.
The benefits of integrating ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 9001 include:
- A decrease or elimination of system errors
- Less expensive and simpler internal audits
- Consistency in a process approach
- There is no possibility for a management system to be considered superior (they are all equally important).
- Consistency in planning, objectives, and document control
- Implementation and Management of the integrated system cost less.
- An increase in internal communications.
Use SHEQ software
To design and implement a Quality Management System, SRM and many of our clients use Mango Compliance Software – www.mangolive.com Mango makes it easier to obtain and maintain ISO 9001:2015 certification.
SRM is ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certified. Contact our consultants today. Let us know if we can help you with the development and implementation of your Quality Management System.