In this particular two part vlog, we will look at:
- Consultation and participation
- Hazard Identification and Job Safety Analysis
To start, lets look at what exactly a hazard is and the different types or hazards found.
A hazard is anything that can cause harm or ill health (acute or long term).
Types of hazards
- Mechanical hazards such as moving machinery or nip points
- Electrical hazards such as live electricity
- Physical hazards can be anything with light, heat, dust or vibration (movement)
- Ergonomical hazards are simply areas where your body is being affected at work, for example: lifting or twisting, or a repetitive strain injury
- Biological hazards involve issues such as viruses and bacterias
- Chemical hazards such as toxins, corrosion and irritation
- Psychosocial hazards include stress, anxiety and bullying.
Join Nick Graham and the SRM team as we participate in this series of safety coaching where we unpack the importance of hazard identification and consultation with your team in order to complete your health and safety experience successfully.
Part 1: Consultation and Participation
Part 2: Hazard Identification